Mike on the bike

Mike on the bike
Mike! on ya bike

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Thats not a fish! this is a FISH!!!

Mike and Dabsie returned from there hunter gathering  expedition with enough mackerel to feed a small army. They were over the moon with their catch, like two boys who just got a free for all at toy world. Couldn't get the smile off their faces as they filleted away at the tables showing off their catch to the other not so fortunate punters at Sunset Caravan park.






The next morning......a phone call from Dabsie... " are you coming fishing with Bill (AKA my new name for him "the fish whisperer") this morning?" No thanks says both Mike and I who at this stage are still in bed. Small whimpering sounds start to develop from across the caravan which turn out to be a blubbering sobbing 7 year old "I want to go fishing". I turn over and say "OK OK cut the noise" I'll go!!!
WELL..... Pip and I never really wanted to steal Mikes thunder but seriously THIS IS A FISH



AND
there are 5 more where those ones came from........Yibbty Yibbita can you believe our luck in a small town. Pip and I caught 5 of these "mothers" between us and our mates caught another 2. We were throwing back the mackerel and anything smaller than this little beauty. I still cant believe it!!! Bill took us out to his secret spot... on the way out ( because it did seem a long way) I said to Sonia " what makes this patch of water any different from the patch 6 klms back??? now i know. Mike couldn't believe his eyes when we got back and Pippa had a smile twice the size of her head.

On the way back in just to finish of Pips day she got to drive the boat. She was like a pro. Now I suppose I should also mention we took a trip out to the Barrumundi farm and got to feed a 28 kilo.. Yes 28 Kilo Barra, she bloody near sucked our fingers off, talk about make you jump. Last but not least we had our croc and sunset tour.. no crocs unfortunately for Pip but lots of Banana Prawns and alcohol for us. Sadly we leave here tomorrow and head for Gregory Downs and then across 77ks of dirt road into Lawn Hill national park. Apparently an Oasis that shouldn't be missed. I will be hard to match the Karumba Gig.. but the journey must go on. A special thanks to "Uncle Bill" as Pip has fondly called him and his wife Robyn for the hospitality, food and beers. Without them this visit to Karumba would not have been the same. Farewell to Rose, Jocky, Headley, Lorel, Chris, Judy and all the other locals we met here.. We'll be back!!!! So guys stay tuned for the next entry on the "Adventures in Caravanastan"
Bye Lis xx
p.s To Scotty, Pete and Gommy my fisherman friend in Brissy and Mackay.. I'll give you a lesson on how its done when we get back boys, ha ha ha...................

2 comments: